mast2

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

november!

horse and buggy
(a picture from last november)

It's November. Isn't that wonderful?!

I like November. I really do. I daresay it's my favorite month of autumn. A lot of people don't like November. They say it's impredictable, disagreeable. I happen to like impredictable, disagreeable things. I like that I'm never sure whether to wear a light jacket or my warm winter coat. I like how the air clenches it's fists into tight icy balls. I like watching the last of the leaves fall.

It's really the anticipation that woos me. Watching the weather for snow and the trees for lights. Waiting for Thanksgiving. Yearning for winter and the holidays to begin. It's wonderful.

So, I welcome you November, with enthusiasm and anticipation. I look forward to seeing what this month brings.

Do you like November?

2 Comments:

At 01 November, 2006 16:28, Blogger Matthew said...

Falling leaves aflame, the fragrant smell of chimnet smoke, early nights and frosted mornings...

I love it.

 
At 05 November, 2006 09:24, Anonymous Aunt Gretchen said...

I, too, LOVE November!! I thought Ed and I were the only ones! :)
I'm having fun catching up on your blog. For some reason I was having trouble accessing it for the past few weeks. How exciting about your trip!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home