mast2

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

i would love to kiss you

fields

I would love to kiss you.
The price of kissing is your life.

Now my loving is running toward my life shouting,
What a bargain, let's buy it.
~rumi

(I get to read a big beautiful book of Rumi for Islam class. This class reminds me why I'm in college.)

Adam and I chatted on the sofa. Well, I mostly chatted, he mostly listened. I was a bit tearsy, with little white drops falling now and again. I said, "I would rather ache and search for God than find everything else in the world. That not-having is more real than the having of anything else." That is true. And I would give my life for one Touch on the cheek because those brushes and glances and kisses are what make my life alive and I'd rather live one day with them than a hundred years without. I am thankful for this ache that keeps me awake tonight. I am thankful for life and I am thankful for longing. And I am thankful that I am longed for.

Good night and sweet dreams everyone.

3 Comments:

At 14 November, 2006 19:09, Blogger Matthew said...

"The price of kissing is your life."

That is an incredibly powerful verse, dense in nuanced implication.

 
At 20 November, 2006 09:11, Anonymous d-o said...

does this mean Adam's not coming for Thanksgiving?

 
At 20 November, 2006 12:04, Blogger Lindsey said...

He's still coming for Thanksgiving ;).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home