mast2

Friday, October 27, 2006

thirteen

13

Superhero got the idea from this book to post an awkward adolescent photograph. It looked like so much fun, I thought I'd give it a shot.

This is my awkward photo; I think I was thirteen at the time. I took a trip to Colorado with my good friend Meg and her family (that's her brother Timmy to the right). At this time I had a ginormous crush on Jake Morrin and was still figuring things out like how to do my hair and whether or not to pluck my eyebrows (oh, that was a big dilemma). But I was also trying to figure out other things, like who God is and what life is and how to live it. I thought about those things a lot, and I remember learning a lot in those years about God and life and living. They were important times, really. But, man, I'm glad I'm not thirteen anymore.

(i wonder if I'll say that about 19, someday. young adulthood is a pretty awkward too. at least i know how to do my hair. Praise God.)

6 Comments:

At 27 October, 2006 10:17, Anonymous liz said...

Oh lindsey girman. what a great picture idea. I'm sure I have a plethora of awkward adolescent pictures of myself that I'll be sure to hide from future boyfriends. Hahaha Isn't it weird how hair is such a defining trait? Like the crazy hair of the 80s, or the "mom hair cut"? My haircuts....man I don't even wanna go there.

 
At 27 October, 2006 18:33, Blogger Abb-o said...

now that i think about it..13 was an awkward age. And i thought you had a crush on Dan Wood all your time at middle school

 
At 28 October, 2006 12:32, Blogger Lindsey said...

No way. Just 8th grade. Just the first half of 8th grade. Jake was definately my 7th-grade crush.

 
At 28 October, 2006 12:39, Blogger Lindsey said...

Oh, and I totally showed Adam the photo. I'm not as kind as you, Liz.

 
At 05 November, 2006 09:38, Anonymous A. Gretchen said...

This is adorable.
I love going to Middle School events and seeing all the 13ish-year-old kids. I absolutely love watching that age group of kids!! They are right in that transfomation time, caught between kid and teen. I love it!

 
At 08 November, 2006 15:45, Blogger Lindsey said...

Me too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home