mast2

Monday, August 28, 2006

the last pages of my journal

shadow

16:17 8-28-06

It’s time to bring this journal to a close. This chapter of my journey with You has ended and a new one is beginning. I began this book just under a year ago in an airport across an ocean- full of uncertainty. I end here in my room, my little green room with a pipe in my mouth and a kitten curled up nearby. It’s raining outside. Just a little.

I’m not uncertain anymore. The sky outside is cloudy again, but I see You in the clouds today.

You have fulfilled every promise you made me this year. Where my heart was broken, You restored it. The dead things that were decaying in my have died. And in those places, You have cleared room for things to grow. A forest. You have mended broken ties. Lit fires in the darkest frozen parts of my soul.

You have taught me. You have loved me. You have led me to so many wild and beautiful places where I have met so many wild and beautiful people. It has been a year full of growth and restoration. But more than anything, it has been a year of LIFE. And when I think back on it all, I am full of wonder and gratitude. Life with You, God, is more than I ever imagined life could be.

You are a wonder.

I thank You for these pages, God. I thank You for this life. I am amazed, God, and I am grateful. You are my joy and you are my light. I will always love You, my Lord. Thank You for these pages. Thank You for the pages to come.

Amen.

2 Comments:

At 29 August, 2006 04:08, Anonymous sr looney said...

Amen, sista!

 
At 30 August, 2006 21:35, Blogger Jason said...

beautiful!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home