mast2

Monday, July 03, 2006

toes

spring swing feet

It's like I had funny toes. Like they were crooked and blistered and made me walk kind of funny. They probably had some weird hairs growing on them too. So I was like, "Hey, God, I really want some new feet. There's something not right about the one's I've got." As time went on, I saw gradual little changes here and there. That blister was getting a wee bit smaller and this toenail seemed to be growing again. And then one day I noticed that I was walking completely normal. I looked down and was like, "WHOA! CHECK OUT THOSE FEET!!!" They were beautiful. Not at all confused and messy and hairy like before. And so I plopped down on the sidewalk and brought my foot to my face- getting a closer look at the blisterless skin. "Wow!" I said as I played with my healthy little toes. "When did this happen?? How???" And of course I knew exactly how.

It's like that. Except it's my guts, really, and not my feet at all.

I was thinking about this last night as I smoked a pipe on the front stoop and blew thick smoke into the dark. It was a good thought.

1 Comments:

At 16 July, 2006 19:24, Blogger Amy Beth said...

That makes perfect sense Lindsey. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home