mast2

Sunday, July 30, 2006

saturday

casey

It was hot out yesterday and I wore my maroon silk skirt that blows in the breeze just that way. My morning had been a sweet one; I started work early and it was a wonderful workday. I blew bubbles with sweet little girls and made copies for (and conversation with) people speaking at the Southeast Asia conference that I was going to be attending later in the day, including SE Asia teacher and many of the auditors in the class. And then I bought flowers and a muffin at the farmer's market and listened to a panel at the conference.

And when I was done with all that it was 4:30 and the sun was a bit low and the breeze was blowing my silk skirt just that way and I had a fist full of zinnias and other bright flowers. They were giving samples of free iced chai at Steep and Brew, and not being a woman who passes on samples, I took them up on it and sat down with skirt and flowers and chai and ts eliot and steeped in a bit of the late afternoon.

(I think the many dimensions of God are amazing. I love how I can know him and relate to him in so many different ways. He's the creator of stars and volcanos like here, and he's also the tender lover God that designed white roses and jasmine tea and June mornings and makes me feel very wooed on such afternoons when the sun is shining)

Later on, Hannah and I returned to State Street and drank Jamba Juice and smoked pipe while we watched the people go by.

*While I'm speaking of small sweet things, I thought I ought to mention The Traveler's Lunchbox. It makes me want to spend all afternoon mixing and sauteing. It also makes me want to start blogging a bit about college cooking. It's my new-found favorite food blog. Check it out.

2 Comments:

At 30 July, 2006 19:05, Anonymous ellen said...

Linds,
Sounds like an amazing Madison day! (Oh how I miss the Farmer's Market)

You'll have to cook for me when I move back in the fall. ;)

 
At 30 July, 2006 20:47, Blogger Abb-o said...

Sounds wonderful. I was half asleep in the pool when the schnners stopped by for a swim. SURPRISE!!! ooh and DO NOT bring your dress that you wore to graduation for TEC. i have the identical one of my firends. that ill be wearing...:-D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home